Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday October 12, 2015 at 04:00
buzz
May 2003
Sometimes there is push back from the customer. "I'm not going to pay THAT much for a remote!". Maybe, at that point in the negotiation there is a compromise at the price of a Harmony. The dynamic is that the customer has just saved money by talking the CI down.

There is also a technique to selling a remote system. I keep a demo remote handy and I'll pull it out, often dropping it in the customer's hands. It's a 30 second demo and you can quickly gauge the customer's response. (It's also most of the operating instructions they'll ever need too) If they see the value, the sale is done. If they don't go for it on the spot, there is a "bug" in their brain that things could be "easy" -- and it costs what it costs. I don't allow myself to be talked down to a Harmony. Harmony does not meet my requirement for being "easy" and after the install I'll be peppered with grumps and "how do I ...?".

And, some customers, will be perfectly happy using the cable remote.

I have a current customer who made plain up front that he did not want any remotes beyond the native remotes. It's not a case of money. He's building a 1.5 - 2.0M custom house with a pool on the second floor. He already has access to cameras, thermostats, and pool controls remotely. I think that it's a tech issue -- real men don't need fancy TV remotes. But, the TV systems have quite a few moving parts and one in particular is rather surly to operate. While he is capable of operating the mess, his wife is another story. We may yet get into premium remotes.

Hosting Services by ipHouse