The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday October 10, 2015 at 23:59
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On October 10, 2015 at 08:50, brianhifi said...
My question would be , what is the best wholesale idea for programming , of course purchasing a Register Key , I usually use URC .

I really don't understand this question/s? What is a register key?

But Harmony / Logictech has a product out , called the Ultimate Home Control
all in one box , with a flasher wi-fi hub , they give you an Ok Remote , black or white ,plus a register key , to program one - I-Pad , & an I-phone or several phones . We have installed most of it , just not the I-pad yet .

Harmony Ultimate is great. I haven't used the iPad app or the iPhone but i did load the iPhone version on my own phone to test it out. Graphics are good. You can't customize anything.

How different are the graphics , compared to URC . It appears to be a great deal , for clients , of course there's no profit , in the Harmony stuff , Best Buy ,etc .

Harmony Ultimate is what it is. It's good enough for most single zone systems. You can't customize anything so don't even try. "URC" covers a lot of different products these days. You would need to be more specific. In general you can completely customize the URC interfaces making the system exactly what you want it to be for your customer. It can adapt to your customer while your customer will have to adapt to Harmony.

Again...harmony is good for most single room systems but there is a lot of things i would get rid of like the fix it menu and some of the other buttons i wouldn't want a client to have to use.

But there is money in all the programming . Also I know RTI has a unit & Pro Control . Does anyone understand this question . Appreciate any advice at all , folks ,

There is money to be made with everything/anything. I paid a guy $100 to remove dog poop from my back yard. You can make money configuring a Harmony Ultimate system and you can make money installing the Harmony Ultimate system and you can make money designing the Harmony ultimate system and you can make money servicing the Harmony Ultimate system. Just not as much money as you can make selling URC. Not because URC is just over priced...it's because URC is the BMW 6 Series and Harmony is the Hyundai Elantra.

Another thing to think about is that Harmony is configured in the cloud. If that cloud ever vanishes one day your clients have to buy something else. IMO this isn't a big enough reason not to sell the product but its definitely an important bullet point for your cons list.

Kind Regards
Brian
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse