The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Tuesday October 6, 2015 at 11:31
KeithDBrown
Long Time Member
December 2013
On October 5, 2015 at 21:05, Dave in Balto said...
So Tucker, you going to guide me to some impressive beef? I have heard about Franklin BBQ, from what I can tell Austin and Dallas can't be done in the 3.5 days I'll be in town.

Your pork may be good, but I can get good pork closer to home. Something about carolina BBQ there. But I have a mission for a killer Rib Eye, Brisket, maybe one day for a salad. I believe your best vegetable is chicken?

And maybe some Tex-Mex for breakfast? Any of these places as good as the hype?

[Link: thrillist.com]

From that list I would definitely look into Manny's or Herrera's. For BBQ I would recommend you try Pecan Lodge, which is just a couple miles West of the Convention Center. Go for a late lunch or early dinner, otherwise you will be waiting in a line that wraps around the corner. A few miles South of Dallas is a BBQ place called Lockhart Smokehouse that is pretty great as well.

Try some of the local beers as well. Lakewood's The Temptress is a fantastic milk stout. Anything from Peticolas, Community or Franconia will be thoroughly enjoyable as well. Revolver Blood and Honey is real popular with the ladies, but at 7% it isn't a "girly beer."

When you want something easy to drink you can move on to Shiner and Rahr.

Enjoy the trip here (in spite of Dallas) and hopefully I will get to meet some of you guys while you are here.

Hosting Services by ipHouse