The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Wednesday September 23, 2015 at 21:16
SammPX
Long Time Member
May 2005
I've been living with a 3000ES and connect for about 6 months. Overall the music connect feature works good. I have noticed a few things that are worth pointing out. My AVR has the latest firmware and has a DHCP reservation. Control is via IP from Savant for TV watching.

The AVR sometimes takes 8-10 seconds to turn on. It's probably network related, haven't dug in to it to see what may be causing the slow down. Not anything huge but some clients can't stand to even wait 5 seconds for something to happen.

I've been watching TV and the AVR will switch to the sonos input all by itself. I look to see if another room is using Sonos and find no other zones turned on (I have a total of three - 2 Connects and 1 connect amp). Switch back to TV with Savant and sometimes it will switch to the Sonos input a second time. Switch back to TV and all is well. Haven't had it misbehave more than twice with this.

The AVR has an auto standby feature that is supposed to set the AVR to standby when it doesn't see any incoming signal. I figure this was great with Sonos so AVR doesn't get left on 24/7 because the client forgot to turn it off. I have it enabled in my system and it NEVER has worked. I want to try and unplug everything from the back panel to see if it will auto standby but haven't tried it yet.

I like that the volume and surround format is tied to the input. Sonos gets set to -5db and multi channel stereo. All other inputs can be set to a different surround/volume level/input configurations.

I didn't care for the auto calibration, it didn't sound right so I manually setup levels with my SPL meter.

I like that the setup can be done via web browser and changes are in real time. You can backup/save configs too. I don't like that firmware has to push via USB on the front panel.

No comment on amp quality which was a problem with previous ES receivers. I have a Rotel RMB1095 on the pre outs.

Hosting Services by ipHouse