The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Tuesday September 8, 2015 at 10:02
Cole Seaver
Lurking Member
September 2015
Everyone has great points on this topic. However, when dealing with copyright material such as audio and you are using this copyrighted material to sell something for a profit, you must pay a fee. Like I said earlier, the odds of being confronted by ASCAP, BMI or SESAC will be very little. They tend to only go after the larger venues.
Below is a Q and A from ASCAP's website.

I'm interested in playing music in my restaurant or other business. I know that I need permission for live performances. Do I need permission if I am using only CD's, records, tapes, radio or TV?

Yes, you will need permission to play records or tapes in your establishment. Permission for radio and television transmissions in your business is not needed if the performance is by means of public communication of TV or radio transmissions by eating, drinking, retail or certain other establishments of a certain size which use a limited number of speakers or TVs, and if the reception is not further transmitted (for example, from one room to another) from the place in which it is received, and there is no admission charge. Your local ASCAP licensing manager can discuss your needs and advise how ASCAP can help you.

Hosting Services by ipHouse