The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Sunday September 6, 2015 at 03:32
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Mac, I'll bet you're an excellent speaker of what linguists might call standard American English. And I'll bet you're not aware of thousands of variations that people use all over the world.

On September 5, 2015 at 01:28, Mac Burks (39) said...

No one says "just to say a hello" and members should be plural.

A non-native speaker of English could miss the "s" on members, especially if their mother tongue uses verbs differently with mass nouns and count nouns than American English does.

As for the other expression, Google it!

The following are nine of the first ten google responses. The tenth one refers to this thread. If you look, you'll even find that some of these sources are American.

Aadil Bashir - Just to say a #Hello | Facebook

Fresh lounge - Hey FRESH fans!! Just to say a hello to all...

Well, he came just to say a “hello”. A friendly hello.

Mar 8, 2014 - Syria: Just to say a hello. Part of channel(s): Syria (current event). Syrian pilot told his family that he will sortie....

... at Stonehill College studying Psychology and Communication! If you have any questions or just to say a hello, please don't hestitate to send me a message! :).

Just to say a Hello - Deer Stalking Directory

In case you want to stop in to get somthing done, or just to say a "HELLO", here are our store hours.

Please feel free to contact me for commissions,collaborations, exhibition opportunities, advice, questions or even if it is just to say a 'hello' :)

Aug 4, 2015 - This small post is just to say a “Hello” to you. See you soon with another topic.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse