The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Saturday September 5, 2015 at 03:07
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On September 5, 2015 at 02:56, Ernie Gilman said...
Are you actually criticizing the perfect spelling that is there, then criticizing the mistakes? Make up your mind!

Perfect spelling and poor grammar usually mean language translation tool has been used. Tell tale sign of a spammer.

As we have seen here, especially with KOT, your mileage may vary on that one! And I am tempted to call you out a couple of times in the future. We'll see.

Not following what you mean here. No English speaker says "just to say a hello".

Mac, you may be a bit paranoid. You're putting yourself up as an expert, but you missed the fact that the first sentence is a run-on sentence. There should be a period between "community" and "this." Those should be two separate sentences.

I am an expert at spotting forum spammers. I have been actively using message forums since the early days of the internet.

I can completely relate to a non-native speaker of English saying "to say a hello." I can see the mistake of "all the member." We don't know what his native language is.

Does that guy also pop into a forum and say hello to everyone without posting about anything else? I doubt it. It's a puzzle once you have more than one piece. Everything about this guys post screams spammer.

I've recently spoken with people of different nationalities who are in Saudi Arabia. Let me tell you a couple of things you wouldn't expect.

In New York, "okay, okay," means go away, especially if said with an attitude. In Saudi it means "yes, definitely."

In Saudi, for Filipinos (and perhaps others), to say same, you say "same." To say completely and totally identical, you say "same same." There's also "schway," which means "be careful," and "schway schway," which means "be very careful."

And one that totally cracked up the hotel manager when I shared it with him: when someone says "yes," they mean "yes." When they say "yes, yes," they mean "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Mac, you're the complaining expert here and you didn't capitalize that "i." And you ended the sentence with a question mark and a period. The quotes can come after or before the end punctuation; it depends.

You are making my case for me.

He could be a real guy. We should just wait to see what he says next.

You seem to be okay with spelling and grammar but you suffer greatly with reading and comprehension. I often wonder if your over the top focus on spelling is causing you to miss out on most of the conversation.

Try reading my post again with your teacher filter turned off. Ingest everything i wrote, chew it up...let it swirl around in there and thinking about it for a while.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse