The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 56 made on Saturday August 15, 2015 at 14:45
adamav
Long Time Member
May 2010
On August 14, 2015 at 21:47, Mario said...
Going back to the second or third post about using a level for plumb lines.
Level is both a flat horizontal plane and a name of a tool.

Sort of like hammer is used to drive nails, but because it also had the claw, the hammer can be used to pull nails out, much like pry-bar.

English is a weird language: things like "park in driveway and drive on underground highway", or setting "OFF the alarm".

English is my second language here as well, me and Mario come from the same place ;) . When I came to US ( twenty something years ago ), i was trying to learn English by watching American movies with the subtitles on, I quickly learned that two most common sentences used in movies were " I love You " and " F....You " . When out on a date it worked just fine, but trying to get a job was a completely different story.... .
For a very long time I had major problems with proper pronunciation, a lot of words sounded alike. I will never forget my first service call when client had an issue with a relatively inexpensive receiver that kept shutting down and going to " protect mode ", upon my arrival I have learned that he had a pair of exotic and very low IMPEDANCE speakers , so I have connected the dots and quickly replied to the client ( with a heavy Polish accent ) : " You have an IMPOTENCE problem " ...

Hosting Services by ipHouse