The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 86 made on Thursday August 13, 2015 at 23:43
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 12, 2015 at 17:22, 24/7 said...
ME: Your blu ray player can't play to zone 2 unless we add a D/A converter. I have a converter on the van if you think you would use it ...

CUSTOMER: No, we're fine without it. We just want to hear cable.

... one month later ...

CUSTOMER: How come we can't get sound on the blu ray outside?

Been there done that. The biggest "nah we don't need thats" are speakers and switches.

"we don't need big expensive speakers for the first floor..its just for low level background music". First party...speakers are not loud enough or some are blown.

For budget projects people dont want a switch. Cable box in each room is fine. You get there and they say "can we put a blu ray player in here too" then i explain we only have 1 HDMI in place so we need to order/install a second or get a switcher/receiver whatever. As soon as a solution pops up and its almost done..."i want to add an AppleTV to each room also..OH and can we play the video sources through the DA speakers?"

Of course you can but it sure would have been nice if you agreed to this when we tried to shove it down your throat 2 years ago when we planned this thing. Oh and now you want to view CCTV cameras on all the TV's? Really? And you still don't think you need a switch? Order a dozen AB switches i guess.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse