Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10,007 made on Tuesday July 28, 2015 at 14:05
Audiophiliac
August 2006
On July 28, 2015 at 13:50, radiorhea said...
It is going to be a hoot!

Nothing better than a hoot!

Well....it may be related, but I believe a hootnannyhodown might qualify. I am not 100% sure what goes on at one, but it sure sounds intriguing.

I spent the last 2 hours driving to and fro because someone did not ask a simple question. Work order: "They think antenna got fried by lightning. Go troubleshoot and diagnose." Question omitted: "What type of antenna?" Seems like an obvious follow up question to the caller, right?

Well, silly me for assuming, but I did not grab a backup XM antenna (but I did grab an extra TV antenna transformer, a test TV, and some RG6 connectors, etc.) Of course since I did not do that, it turns out that is exactly what it was. And lightning was not the culprit. The moron who installed it on a roof in a low spot where water would eventually collect, creating a puddle deep enough to submerge said antenna. Brilliant!

Double hang and bang will round out the afternoon for me. I love these easy days. :) Heading home for lunch and some Halo, as I saw my wife leaving with the kids as I drove by.

BTW, having a 1 mile commute is THA BOMBZ!!!11!1!! I totally recommend it.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse