The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9,963 made on Thursday July 23, 2015 at 20:38
Eastside A/V
Select Member
September 2006
I met with Jeremy briefly today at our new showroom (should be functional in about 2 weeks).

He was not what I was expecting either. Very down to earth and professional...and I dare say mature versus how I've seem him or heard him being portrayed.

The Origin line is good and continuing to get better. We've installed a few but haven't transitioned yet. We did build a sound board to demo head to head at the 200 and 425 each price points with Sonance (VP62R and VP82), and at the time I felt the Sonance's blew them away...but they were first run samples and there have been some improvements since the initial release samples. Once were done with our build out I'm hoping to have time to run some more AB's with them and see how they stack up.

They are plenty profitable just like most other competitors, but since launch they've been running some very favorable quarterly promo's...but my challenge with that is yes I get a better quality/sounding speaker for the money...but I can't spec based on what promo we might have 2 months down the road.

I do think Origin is going to be come the key competitor to Sonance and SnapAV depending on niche/demographic and the longer term differenciator will be a function of servicing us dealers/installers.
Bryan Levy
www.eastsideav.com
Gallery: [Link: eastsideav.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse