Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9,924 made on Wednesday July 8, 2015 at 11:01
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Yesterday, I spent my lunch break at an old timey vacuum cleaner shop looking at new machines. As unexciting as that sounds, the guy was really nice, knew his vacuums, and even used to service the vacuum at my ex-employer, who he knew pretty well. He said he recently moved and still had not unboxed any of the AV gear. He had a custom cabinet built for the speakers and everything. I gave him a card, and may get a job out of it. Of course after I paid for the vacuum, he asked if I did work on the side....punk. Yeah...maybe if you take 75% off the vacuum you just sold me. :)

It is comforting to know you can still buy an American made vacuum cleaner with a great warranty, from an old guy who knows everything there is to know about vacuum cleaners. (I ended up with a Simplicity S20S) And for not much more $$ than the crap you can buy at home depot or walmart. I chucked one in the trash the other night after tearing it apart only to find circuit board after circuit board. I am guessing one of them failed. F that. Give me a toggle switch and a motor. I ended up with a light as well, but who vacuums in the dark? He tried to upsell me to the one with the sensor that tells you when the floor is dirty or clean. Really? No thanks. My wife makes a pretty decent dirt sensor.

Anyhow, there was that. Then I sold my old Panasonic Bluray player on CL. Kid shows up to pick it up, asks if it does the Netflix. I said yes, took his $10, and sent him and his hot girlfriend on their way. He sends me an email a few hours later. "It doesn't even take wifi.....Dang it"......Ha! I did the guy a favor because he bought one from someone else and it ended up being broken and he could not get the guy to give him his money back. So since he got screwed, and I got mine for free, I gave it to him for lunch money. I have not replied and probably will not. Get screwed once and you learn to do your research. Model number was clearly stated in the ad. He should have looked it up to see if it "took" wifi.

And my boss asked if I wanted to go to CEDIA this year. I said sure. He will be booking our spot this week. Nice! Never been.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse