The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Thursday June 4, 2015 at 14:25
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 4, 2015 at 13:49, Mr. Stanley said...
|And being the non-racist liberal...LOL The only reason I brought up the "foriegner" guote was, the owner said he had a problem with the language and understanding... However he had a very clear understanding when I origionally spoke with him.

As an aside, my GF speaks Portuguese, and speaks broken English, and it was always interesting to see how she was sometimes talked down to and treated (especially when dealing with Comcast, or her bank over the phone... because they seemed to think (by her accent) that she might have been hispanic... She became an American citizen too. Oh well. Sorry to drift off course.

Well, yeah, he's cool. He is very nice, has money, an apologized for his misunderstanding... I'll do the R&R and cut him a very fair deal, as he had a ridiculously cheap bid from his electrician (you know how THAT would turn out- right?)....

So bottom line we worked it out, and he understands exactly wht the costs involved will be... realizes I'm going to cut him a brother-in-law deal so it's all good.

So, you think 'Hispanic' means 'Mexican'?

From www.thefreedictionary.com,

Hispanic-

Of or relating to Spain or Spanish-speaking Latin America.
Of or relating to a Spanish-speaking people or culture.
n.
A Spanish-speaking person.

She IS Hispanic, if she's from Brazil.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse