The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 68 made on Sunday April 19, 2015 at 11:41
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On April 18, 2015 at 12:12, Ernie Gilman said...
Anthony, you are literally correct,

I know ;)

|but as people have pointed out to me, usually the real meaning is not the literal meaning of what was written.
I think you mean the real perception (what someone understands) is not the literal perception (what is actually meant). The real meaning is the literal meaning because that was what was meant.

Even I can't imagine someone saying "everybody in the company would be paid $70,000" and meaning "at least $70,000."

that is how I took it from the get go. For me it would be insane if

1) every other employee other than the boss made under 70k (including the rest of the top brass)

2) the guy would make a big announcement in front of everyone and he would tell the guy that used to make under 40K that he would get a huge raise while the guy making over 100k that he would be getting a huge pay cut. The huge raise part can be made in public but a huge pay cut needs to be made on a one to one basis.

Don't get me wrong, I think a bit more precision can often be beneficial because I there are people that will automatically jump to the most ridiculous conclusions. But on the other hand you can't make anything fool proof because you will always find a bigger fool to prove you wrong.

Hosting Services by ipHouse