Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9,523 made on Monday April 6, 2015 at 17:21
Audiophiliac
August 2006
After some odd fiascos last week, I was hoping for a cake walk monday. So far, work has not been bad. But both my kids were puking all evening and through the night....at least until I went to bed at 2:30. In between pukes, I discovered that my phone, which had been plugged into a newly installed Leviton USB outlet, had stopped charging and the USB port on the phone was all burnt up....smells like all the smoke was let out. So I spent an hour today with a heat gun and a handful of credit cards and got the stupid back cover off (HTC One M7). WTF!!!!!!???? I want to punch someone in the throat!! Are they that protective of the chinese $4!+ they put in these things that they cannot just screw the thing together with 6 screws and call it good? They make it literally impossible to disassemble and reassemble one of these phones without making it look like a 3rd grader did it. I took my time and did a decent job of not completely fubaring the thing, but COME ON!!!! The guy who starts a company building devices that are as easy to take apart for upgrades, repairs, and general tinkering, will be a thousandaire within years...maybe decades! It needs to be done.

And buying parts is russian roulette it seems. Hopefully the part I ordered actually is in stock like the website says and will actually ship from NV like the website says, and will actually show up at my door in 2-4 days like the website says. Thank goodness for Visa customer support in case these scammers steal my money.

I was about to say F it and go down and buy a new phone....but I stopped myself. I did break out my G1 and fire it up. Battery was still partially charged after sitting in a box since 2011. I fudged the SIM card in there and can make calls and text. But trying to use any of the "smart" features is painful! 2G/3G used to be blazing fast! And think...this was a BADASS phone less than 8 years ago. We sure have come a long way.

Anyone else have to factory reset Sony TVs with 8 count LED blink codes in the last few days? I did one on friday and another this morning. Not sure a firmware update is to blame or weird lunar related phenomenons or what.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse