The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Friday March 27, 2015 at 21:54
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
I honestly cant believe that there are people on the planet who would take advantage of anyone...even if the "mark" makes it easy for the would be robber.

People have scammed others since they had something another person could want. Still, as much as many people shout that humans are all civilized and sophisticated, many are just turds. Someone is always more willing to scam their way to money and possessions than they are to get an honest job. After the last financial favor, I'm done letting people slide for a little longer or loaning money. Two examples and I knew one for over 25 years, the last for over 35 years. Both times, the last I heard from either was when they said "I'm not trying to scam you- I'll call tomorrow".

Scamming a stranger is one thing, doing it to someone they know is inexcusable.

I'd go after the last one if the total was bigger and if his kid's mom hadn't just died. I saw the other guy's name when he and his wife were thanked in an obituary, but there's no way I'm going to confront someone at a funeral, even if I could have watched and waited for them to leave.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse