Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 217 made on Tuesday March 25, 2003 at 19:48
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
On 03/25/03 15:35, cgroth said...
I've been using SNL (version 2.0.0.1 I think)
and it's been working really well, but the look
of it is really not what I want after having purchased
the RC9200. I Tried experimenting with different
font colours, and it helped but still pretty boring
stuff. Then I downloaded version 2.0.0.3 today,
and it included some cool graphics. OK, so I'm
a big idiot! I think they may have something to
do with bmp overide or something similar. I read
the appendix to the manual, but still don't understand
how to use it. Could someone help me please!

Earth to Christopher... Welcome Back....

Hopefully, you did not think that all effort I supplied to write and support the Color Version was simply to support text colors on buttons with B&W images...

If that's what you thought, then shame on you as it is now obvious to me that you have not been following the release notes very closely (even for 2.0.0.1) and seen my RC9200 jukebox layout images that are embedded in the document (See List-Specific Overrides section). FYI, I only support the latest version. Please stay current.

Now, on to the good stuff...

Please see http://www.theheartofthecorporatebeast.com for an overview of image overrides. You can also start by NOT reading the appendix but beginning with the Basic and Advanced Icon Support sections.

Since you have the RC9200, I'll attempt to explain here. SNL will look for image filenames based on BMP images located in one of the following subdirectories(folders) that hangs off the subdirectory where SuperNudelist.EXE is installed.

For example. SNL is installed in c:\SNL

The image override subdirectory you would create for the RC9200 is :
C:\SNL\COLOR_Override_Large

For the ProntoPro:
C:\SNL\COLOR_Override

For the RC5200:
C:\SNL\BMP_Override_Large

and for RC5000/5000i or TSU1000/2000s:
C:\SNL\BMP_Override

SNL looks for BMP files named according to the list in the release notes. As far as List-Specific image overrides go, assume you have a list called MyCDs.

For the RC9200, you would create subdirectory
C:\SNL\COLOR_Override_Large\MyCDs

and place any images that are specific to the 'MyCDs' List there (An example is a custom background image 'Background.bmp'). As documented in the release notes regarding the search path for files...

SNL first searches for any List-specific images then falls back to the Color_Override_Large subdirectory and repeats the search. If no file is found, then the built-in icon is used (Built-Ins are B&W only)

As you have JUST recently discovered the Color capabilities and image overrides, how about taking the time to check out the file section and picking up Tom's Images (SNL now has its own section and 3 sets of graphics are currently available). The Alphabet images supplied with SNL 2.0.0.3 were built specifically for Tom. Having the 9200, you will need to redesign (using the image editor of your choice) the background.bmp images as they are sized specifically for the 219 pixel high screen. Also, my jukebox images with instructions on how to install them are available for a nominal fee. Again, see the release notes.

Open Tom's file in WINZIP and look at the Folder Name for each file. Hopefully, things should start to make more sense.

On 03/25/03 15:35, cgroth said...
Also, is there anyway I could define my own user
defined bmps for individual discs? Would like
to use album cover buttons. Now I can of course
replace them individually, but I guess that will
be overwritten each time I re-execute after adding
a new CD to my collection?!

No, custom images based on Artist,Disc, or Track are not supported unless you edit the items manually. This is also not something you'd want to do as the memory requirements for images would be horrendous.

Lyndel

This message was edited by Lyndel McGee on 03/25/03 20:30.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse