Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 169 made on Tuesday February 18, 2003 at 10:29
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Paul,

There are several users who catalog MP3s who may be able to offer additional suggestions. I believe that their applications are all PC based and do not rely solely on a CD Changer such as the 875. See the above post by 2re (Tore) as well as others in this thread for references to Bruce Hartley's tools.

I presume that the 875 supports the concept of 'logical albums' on a single disc, selectable by IR. I don't know this to be true as I don't have an 875 or access to one.

If the 'Delay disc until Track Selection' option will not work for you, then we must resort to other measures.

Your suggestion for adding entries to the SNL Player is along the right lines but is not the whole story. The Edit Lists dialog would also have to change, that is, unless you can live with having separate "Discs" entries for each album. The side effect to this would be that you would have 'Duplicate' discs reported when reports are run. FYI, the Kenwood changers don't support the "multiple albums on a single CDROM" concept.

SNL never intended to support the concept of having a disc selectable by both Artist and Genre. Officially, your applied use falls in the unsupported category. However, as the new "megachangers" hit the streets, it may have to be augemented to support such functionality.

Unfortunately, I cannot honor your enhancement request at this time as it is a significant change that I have no way of testing prior to release. Also, my current "real job" work schedule currently will not allow for it.

Very Important

In order to do an enhancement such as this, I must have an 875 in front of me for testing. Unfortunately, the donations for SNL have not been anywhere near enough (less than $150USD ) for me to afford the 875. Until I own an 875, this change will not occur.

Lyndel

Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse