Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 1, 2015 at 00:10
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
Selling a MRX-10 and i received this "question" from the guy

I am an electrical engineer and want to program my system on my own. I fine it ridiculous that URC does not give the software out with their product. A moderately trained monkey could program this stuff. Well I assume thats the case, I haven't actually programmed any of this yet since I don't have the software, but its not rocket science. Anyway, I assume you are providing the software with this unit, right? I want to make sure I am getting a "complete" system and not someone trying to pull one over my eyes by selling a useless paperweight.

My Response:

Hello XXXXXX,

I am a highly qualified CI that has spent years building a successful business around professional products. I find it ridiculous that anyone should assume they know better and assume what we do as an industry isn't rocket science. I also spend countless hours out of my week trying to make things work that electrical engineers design and never seem to actually use what they design. It truly is not rocket science after all! You know what rocket science is? not jeopardizing my dealership by providing you the software for a "paperweight"!

Thanks for looking :)

His Response:

Easy there chief. Did I hit a nerve? It's not your policy, it's URC's. Why are you all bent out of shape over a stupid policy some company that is not your made? Don't get all butt hurt. So, are you gonna provide the software?

My Final response:

I am pretty sure I'm not the one Butt Hurt over URC's policy,Infact I embrace it. There is a reason they don't offer it to end users; and to put it bluntly that is to protect dealers that have spent a substantial amount of time and investment into learning the software and products.

And no I will not be providing the software with the sale.

Thanks for looking!
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse