The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday January 8, 2015 at 12:32
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
The text at [Link: reddit.com]. This might well be called "The Evils of PAUSE." I've paused the DVR, then wandered away and gone to bed, only to have it start playing 90 minutes later.

I was looking for my iPhone at 5am this morning when leaving for work. Everyone else in the house was quietly sleeping. Couldn't find the phone so used Find Phone. I figured it could find the phone fast enough that it wouldn't disturb anyone.

Within a few seconds I was greeted by a massive sound wall of BEEP BEEP BEEP coming from all around me at 120 decibels. The dog went ballistic. My wife woke up and and started yelling something but I could only hear every second word between the BEEPs. Then the children came running into our room from their bedroom crying. I figured out what was going on and went into the living room to turn off the stereo. Couldn't find the remote in my dazed state so in desperation pulled the plug from the wall. Silence. Apart from the dog barking, wife yelling and children crying.

Last night I had been streaming Spotify to our stereo system through AirPlay. It is a powerful stereo with speakers mounted all over the house. I remember that the volume on my iPhone had way been down so I had just turned the stereo up to compensate. When I went to bed I paused Spotify.

TLDR: today I learned that AirPlay streams Find iPhone at maximum volume to your stereo.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse