The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 58 made on Monday December 29, 2014 at 07:31
edizzle
Loyal Member
March 2005
On December 29, 2014 at 01:41, sofa_king_CI said...
Okay, well that's kind of shit, because Retina High Res display is a big reason I want it. And On my must have list, especially when doing Graphics work. I have a 1080p screen now and its better. I HATE working on my older lower rez laptops. But the 1080 is at times still not enough, and I just don't want to deal with it.

Those CPU comparisons are cool, but the maxed MBP I was looking at has the i7-4980HQ, technically better than the 4710HQ that the HP has (not MQ).

BUT, even at that, even if the CPU actually was slightly less, inferior is a pretty strong word, they are pretty damn close in performance.

[Link: cpuboss.com]

What the hell is with a 256 gb ssd. I NEED more than that. Even the damn HP $2300 Zbook is only a 256 GB and none of them have an option to go any bigger.

The FACT is that a truly comparable PC laptop is probably damn near the same price.  What you list above is closer to a non-retina 13" MBP

The Crappy part is that you had me excited. I pulled up the HP and they look nice, but then seeing there isn't an option for even a 512 SSD or a higher rez monitor, I was let down. I can probably give on the high rez display, when it comes to time savings, this is where they can really help. Plus I need at least a 512 SSD. I don't like thinking or worrying about running out of space.

So I would at minimum have to spend another $500 on top of the $1400 to get a good SSD replacement.

I'm not looking for people to talk me into settling for less. I'm looking for comparable PC hardware options. The closest thing HP has is the OMEN 15, still lacking high rez display and settling for the inferior :)  i7-4710HQ cpu, but it's at $2200 already.

Order the HP with the 1TB optical for $1250 and buy a 512 from anywhere for $250 and you are still $1000 under the MBP!!! They are almost identically specced save for the screen. If you want a better processor for the MBP that will add cost as it will to add it to any other machine. I just randomly picked a laptop to do compare, there are hundreds of other machines to choose from. On average you can save $750 to $1000. All day long.

To each is own, I have no desire to go Mac. I replace on average every 2 to 3 years. I am 100% satisfied with HP products. For at least the past 3 laptops, they have never failed me, not once. Even with undue abuse.

Also the two cpu I compared are almost identical in performance but the 4710 uses a socket that allows it to be replaced. That right there I would say pretty clearly puts the 4710 ahead, especially if you guys are keeping there a things as long as you do!

And also the HP has a superior graphics processor.
I love supporting product that supports me!

Hosting Services by ipHouse