The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Saturday December 27, 2014 at 22:40
edizzle
Loyal Member
March 2005
On December 27, 2014 at 17:14, sofa_king_CI said...
Agreed good luck. As I pointed out in my posts above, to get similar specs (ignoring build quality) you're paying the same money.

I figure we spend a LOT of time on the computer and the faster it can do things for me the faster I can get things done.
  • $1500 more over 3 years is an extra $42 a month.
  • If a top of the line laptop can run fast enough to save me 30 minutes a month
  • or 1.5 minutes a day, then it pays for itself.
  • Save me 2 minutes and I'm making money. 

Compiling Crestron Code alone can quickly save you well over 30 minutes in a month.

Add to that Stability. Which I've seen go any way, but better hardware will likely be more stable.

Last is support, Apple Care seems pretty solid can they have you up and running quick and there are stores every where to take it to. The Dell Support for similar coverage cost more money and I don't know of any Dell stores to take it into. 

im not sure i follow you here. the extra money you are paying for a mac is definitely not directly related to performance. you can build an exact specced machine from hp and save alot of money, dump in 3 years and repeat. I never said to not max it out. i ALWAYS max out my machines. My current 17" laptop is 17" FHD, backlit keyboard (a must), fingerprint (a must), Core i7 (fastest offered at time), 8gb (at the time), 12gb now, 9 cell battery x2 (the ones with big hump that lift up bottom of laptop. IT has been a true beast. My only computer other than a chromebox at my desk for strictly internet stuff, email, pdf veiwing, etc. no complaints. worth every penny, spending more on a mac offered me zero benefits. i have beat this thing to death and it has never failed.

as far as keeping until it dies, that is hard to digest. 3 years in computers might as well be 20!!!! why?
I love supporting product that supports me!

Hosting Services by ipHouse