Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday December 19, 2014 at 00:51
bcf1963
September 2004
Looking forward to the movie? I think it looked like one of the most juvenile movies ever produced. Anybody looking forward to "The Interview" must have seen and loved all the "JackAss" movies.

Sony is weighing the risk, against the reward. If anything were to happen, they'd be sued. My understanding is that theaters were already talking about not showing it. So, by Sony making this decision, their insurance company will likely have to pay out, probably resulting in more revenue than if they were to show it at the theaters that would still do so.

The people proclaiming about the precedent this sets, are people who's money isn't on the line. Sony is a business, this is a business decision.

For too long our government has been hands off on how the internet is handled. It has become a utility, and likely one of the most important utilities. Yet our government has stuck their head in the sand, and refuses to tackle the tough issues, and continues to kick the can. In my opinion, this is our governments fault, far more than Sony's. Blame Obama and Bush. They both should have done something in this area, and they both have fallen short. Our government appears to have to wait until we're on the brink of destruction to decide we have a problem. What's broken, is our leaders in this country!

Hosting Services by ipHouse