Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday December 18, 2014 at 21:54
kgossen
March 2008
On December 18, 2014 at 21:35, Dean Roddey said...
If they had ignored it, and something happened, even just some completely unconnected psycho boy going mental, they'd have been completely ripped apart.

There's nothing that will ever stop a psycho.

The problem with the precedent Sony has set is where does it stop?? If I don't like a new movie that's coming out all I have to do is threaten violence and the movie is scrapped? I don't like how Walmart treats it's employees so I threaten violence so Walmart closes stores? CBS has a documentary on a supposed rapist so all I do is threaten violence and the documentary gets cancelled?

The issue is Sony and the Theaters had to believe that there was a hacker group that felt sympathetic to North Korea! Are you f&*king kidding me? I know a few hackers and NONE of them feel their government should oppress their people, force them into labor camps, torture them for their beliefs. If anything they oppose all government regulations. If anybody believed the hack wasn't from the North Korean's, sorry, you're an idiot.

Sony and the theaters caved, this is not going to get better, it's only going to get worse. You've just told the world of psycho's, threaten violence and you win.

*In no way do I feel the events of 9/11 were nothing short of the worst act of violence and cowardice perpetrated by a complete group of psycho pieces of shit. If every member of al-Qaeda was burned alive tomorrow, I'd could live with that.*

The precedent Sony has set may actually be worse than 9/11 from a freedom point of view. When the 9/11 attacks happened it unified us and made us stronger. When the attacks in Boston happened, we said f&*k you and defied them. Now a Nation doesn't like a film coming out and we cave like a bunch of complete pussies.

Last edited by kgossen on December 18, 2014 22:21.
"Quality isn't expensive, it's Priceless!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse