Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday November 25, 2014 at 07:46
buzz
May 2003
I've been using TouchControl. It is iDevice only with a free PC authoring system. The authoring system is called a "server". This is a somewhat unfortunate name because, while the "server" has some control capability, the "server" does not need to be running while using the iDevices. I was able to reuse most of my Pronto scripts with a few tweaks to accommodate the new environment. Screen editing is quite different from ProntoEdit and there will be an initial shock, however, once you get used to it, working with layouts is much faster than with ProntoEdit.

It's very flexible. iDevices can communicate with each other directly or through the cloud. Most modes of communication that you'll need are intrinsic. For example, I can't think of any fundamental reason why I couldn't create a Sonos controller, but there is no reason to do this because I can call the Sonos controller and the user can 4-finger swipe between applications.

The author is very responsive.

A recent new feature adds access to an online IR code base. Probably, I'm not allowed to divulge its source, but if you've been working in this area for a while, you'll recognize the data. Remote configuration maintenance is supported.

Since the iHardware is so much faster than Pronto, I can be much more aggressive with my scripting without bogging down the user interface. And, if it makes sense, one can define a web button. At this point you can use your full HTML/CSS/DOM skills because the button is simply a Safari window.

Hosting Services by ipHouse