The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Wednesday November 19, 2014 at 22:59
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
On November 19, 2014 at 20:06, SysIntegration said...
I'm glad your personal experience has been that, but you have to understand, I frequent more than just RC forum. Restoring via itunes is the best path for success, not that there are not other paths to semi success.

Well, if Apple devices are that prone to failed/buggy live updates, then really doesn't say much for Apple's programmers. Seriously - reliable delta updates aren't some magical art form that should be expected to fail, especially when you have a totally locked down operating system.

And now that I think more about it, I think I might have actually experienced an issue - ever since IOS 7 on my older iPhone 4S (all done OTA), it is almost wholly incapable of doing a WiFi backup to a PC.

Sure, Microsoft's updates occasionally screw up too, but looking at my Windows 7 PC right now, it's had a whopping 760 updates applied. Pretty sure that iPhone has a way lower number. :-/

Your ipad two is not two years old. We are 4 generations of ipads later. Maybe you got yours two years ago, which was really dumb paying money for old technology, but that is your own fault.

It was released spring 2011, which would make it up to 3.75 years old. However, it was sold by Apple until spring 2014, making some of them out there eight months old, and still within the stock warranty period. It is not unreasonable or extraordinary to expect functional software updates for such a product.

Hosting Services by ipHouse