The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Wednesday November 19, 2014 at 20:03
SysIntegration
Advanced Member
December 2013
On November 19, 2014 at 09:27, benjh1028 said...
Normally I would not respond to this, but have to be honest, your response is quite douchey. I really don't think any "schooling" was in order.

All I asked was if the iOS could be rolled back. If you read my last post in this tread, I indicated that I had success installing 8.1.1. I didn't need your Apple fanboy diatribe as to why me/we are all so wrong.

In regards to whether I have ever seen a P3 (insert condescending tone), well yes. In fact my first PC was a DOS driven TRS80 with a tape deck. I did not grow up in the "app era".

While I agree with some of your content (as installers we need to be aware of change), I believe your other message is wrong. I understand my 2-yr old iPad is outdated by some standards, but in comparison to a Windows PC, Microsoft always provided minimum and recommended specs in order for their software (presented as a new product, not an "update") to run well. And, while it is my final decision to update or not, Apple should provide the same guidance instead of the blanket mantra "always run the newest".

In regards to you "expecting more of audio video professionals" - that is a shallow, baseless statement. Are you aware that clients will tend to "upgrade" when provided the option, regardless of whether or not they have been warned? And guess who's fault it is when things go awry. What kind of control do we have over client actions? Sure its my job to know what kind of changes these updates will bring, but very few will have enough advance warning to have a planned response before the flood of phone calls. So, if Apple (or others) cannot provide a solution - especially when its as basic as allowing a rollback - we are simply at the mercy of their whims. In the end it really seems that Apple's actions are more geared towards forcing new purchases than proving a better user experience.

As an Apple fanboy, I'm sure you disagree with all that I have said. As you stated, you spend a lot of time on other forums. Maybe you should stick to those where its much more acceptable to condemn people than to offer up solutions to reasonable questions. Have a few cold ones before you respond next time.

This made me laugh. I am not an apple fan boy. What the hell is that. No, I just educate myself on the world. The only thing I care about apple is that they have more and better support for the control systems that we all use. Android has minimal support. So you can put your fan boy comments to rest.

Your ipad two is not two years old. We are 4 generations of ipads later. Maybe you got yours two years ago, which was really dumb paying money for old technology, but that is your own fault.

When I walk into a clients house that has a component video distribution system put in some where around the time that your ipad 2 was purchased, yes, I have the stones to tell them that they need to upgrade. I guess I just don't have the ability to lie and tell someone that they should continue to dump money into old tech. Your ipad is past prime, buddy. When it came out, it was designed for ios 4. We are four generations of firmwares later. Of course it's going to suck. What do you expect?

The point of this whole thing, which you apparently missed, is that premium performance requires premium product. You get what you pay for. I really think you're response was purposely vindictive and harsh.

And just FYI, I'm not some punk kid. I didn't grow up in the app generation. I also didn't stand idly by and let the world pass me by.
0101001101111001011100110100100101101110011101000110010101100111011100100110000101110100011010010110111101101110

Hosting Services by ipHouse