Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday November 13, 2014 at 18:26
bcf1963
September 2004
I find their whole... "The Finest Brands" spiel, to be a bit off-putting. Seems like they're trying to appeal to the highly status conscious.

Couple this with the fact that I own 4 pinball machines, regularly buy and sell, and the finest pinball brand they offer... Stern, happens to also be the least fine pinball brand, as Stern is also the only pinball manufacturer still in business. LOL

Personally I don't care for Stern machines, and would much rather purchase any of a large selection of used machines, and refurbish them, or have them refurbished. If they offered something more like that, I'd give them higher marks for offering premium product. Instead they offer to do things like put chrome legs on a machine. Pleaseeee..... Spare me the premium product malarkey if that is what you consider premium. Replace all the bulbs with LED's, use heavier duty solenoids for the flippers, etc., plenty of premium upgrades that would really make a difference (by making it so the customers don't have to open the machine and service it every month), but instead they focus on fluffy "add some chrome".

From my perspective they look like a big gimmick trying to sell high end goods using a retread of the Sears "Good, Better, Best" philosopy, by only offering the "Best".

Hosting Services by ipHouse