Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 54 made on Friday December 20, 2002 at 00:41
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Fellow SNL Users,

Anyone want to take a crack at getting Carl up and running? Has anyone created a textual tutorial that he might use?

Carl,

You might want to look at Leo's website listed in the docs.

I would like to put together a step-by-step tutorial but it will be rather lengthy and may not make it on the site or to the docs just yet.

I've found that the best way to learn is by example.

Here's what I'm willing to do. I would like to use this as a stepping stone and modify your CCF and provide you some sample configuration files in the process. Please understand that I did not write SNL originally and am not responsible for the lack of help text, etc... I'll do my best to get you rolling.

If you are game to exploring your CCF once I'm done, I am willing to create a quick and dirty SNL configuration for you and plug it in to your existing CCF.

If you are interested, zip up your original CCF and email it to me. I will also need to know what DVD Changer Model you use and whether you have 'Bitrate' or 'Layer' active (Controlled by the Sony Setup Menu).

It may take me until early next week to get you going due to things going on this weekend. I would like to use this as an exercise to proof any tutorial that I might develop. I also hate to do walk-throughs via email. If you have Yahoo Messenger, please indicate that in the email. I'm also game to using the telephone.

Let me know how you want to proceed,
Lyndel

Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse