The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday November 3, 2014 at 10:48
dandirk
Long Time Member
January 2008
I am not an installer, but I have owned both the 810 and 880.

As what I would call an "average" but techie user, I believe they are pretty much the same.

Yes the wizard style of the 810 software was confusing and not that user friendly, once you figured out the which goofy wizard did what it got the job done. I did have upload issues with my 810 so that was frustrating since it would take multiple upload attempts to "take".

The 880 was sort of the exact opposite. The software is a bit more technical but if I remember it also was goofy in that what you would think would be obvious actions/settings turned out to be not so obvious. So it also had usability issues as well, just a different kind.

This is coming from someone who configures and deploys software for a living. I know full well what a complex/pro UI should look like and how to operate. Just because it is pro doesn't mean it has to be confusing, and to be user friendly doesn't mean "wizard" either.

Honestly I absolutely LOVE the 8xx series. At least for me its the perfect balance of easy of use (just the right amount and kind of common buttons) and customization (the 6 custom buttons with icons near the top).

I really think the layout of the buttons is perfect for me, and haven't really seen a remote like it.

I setup a harmony for my in-laws... pretty easy but just the customizable screen isn't really that cusomizable since you can't move the custom buttons (just rename them).

To the OP... use the codes you can and just train anything missing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse