The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Sunday October 26, 2014 at 22:29
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On October 26, 2014 at 21:48, Ernie Gilman said...
Wait: are you saying that and actually in business? A company that sells a product with an integrated power supply for $20 more than an otherwise equal product will sell fewer items.

Do you ignore the prices of things when you buy... a car, a drill, zucchinis or even zambonis, anything, and just buy whatever is on the shelves? Are you saying you've never gone to a sale?

True, but that is our problem, not the manufacturer's problem. Re the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, for the manufacturer this is an SEP: someone else's problem.

No, not at all.

I don't follow -- what's a multi device unit?

I question whether you stay in business if price drives your purchases. I could easily sell a radio shack all in one remote for $20 and get rid off all the remotes laying around, or I can sell URC at a minimum of $299 and on up to thousands. The radio shack option would have me out of business by years end. No doubt about that. I pick and choose products that make things easier both for us and my clients, not what's cheapest. What's BEST. For once it would be nice to see a manufacturer do the same.

Hosting Services by ipHouse