The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday October 26, 2014 at 21:48
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On October 26, 2014 at 14:18, goldenzrule said...
both options are ridiculous. For once it would be nice for cost to NOT be the deciding factor.

Wait: are you saying that and actually in business? A company that sells a product with an integrated power supply for $20 more than an otherwise equal product will sell fewer items.

Do you ignore the prices of things when you buy... a car, a drill, zucchinis or even zambonis, anything, and just buy whatever is on the shelves? Are you saying you've never gone to a sale?

Save for getting the large multi device dc power supply there is no way to make a clean install using these products.

True, but that is our problem, not the manufacturer's problem. Re the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, for the manufacturer this is an SEP: someone else's problem.

What I have to find out is do you have to cut the end off the power plugs for all my devices to use the multi device units? That would mean if for some reason we had to remove the a device we would have to either splice the power supply back on or source a new wire. Not ideal.

No, not at all.

I don't follow -- what's a multi device unit?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse