The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Sunday October 26, 2014 at 14:18
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On October 26, 2014 at 12:01, Ernie Gilman said...

Once again, you do not seem to want to see the cost of doing it one way versus the other. The supply on the left is cheaper to make than the supply on the right. The cost of the two different enclosures are very differnt, the wall wart being much cheaper. Yes, the manufacturers could easily build the one on the right. In fact, the manufacturer of the actual product usually doesn't built the supply AT ALL, so there is ZERO DIFFICULTY for the product manufacturer in choosing to use the product on the left or the right. That leaves cost and size as the determining factors.

I'm not saying that anything you have pointed out is wrong. I'm saying that cost is probably the deciding factor and every other advantage just follows along.

both options are ridiculous. For once it would be nice for cost to NOT be the deciding factor. Save for getting the large multi device dc power supply there is no way to make a clean install using these products. What I have to find out is do you have to cut the end off the power plugs for all my devices to use the multi device units? That would mean if for some reason we had to remove the a device we would have to either splice the power supply back on or source a new wire. Not ideal

Hosting Services by ipHouse