The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday October 22, 2014 at 15:01
BrettLee3232
Long Time Member
December 2009
On October 22, 2014 at 11:32, lptrump said...
I really like RTI products and what they allow me to do but why in the hell did they feel the need to create the Pro Control line... Oh it's about the cash flow! I understand your premise was to offer a cost affective alternative to the primary line but all you did was enable the dumb asses to get into our industry and make us look like idiots!. I make money by following up on stupid installations but this is not my business model, I thought as an Industry with CEDIA we were working towards standards. But with this cheap product line and distributers selling to whom ever is actually undermining the hard work CEDIA is doing! C'Mon lets get back to the standards and tighten up the product lines with true dealer pre-requisites.

I state this because I just was asked by a contractor to look at this job. Oh my gosh! It was the worst f'ked up install I had ever seen. Will someone please tell electricians to stick with high voltage and stay out of LV supply houses! Unless they are willing to get educated... pre-madonna a-holes! Learn how to use a broom!

Thats all for now!, Cheers! LT

How did someone f*** up a Pro Control System so bad that your hating your job right now? Lol, if it's programming then all you do is re-program & charge your time. Granted you didn't make any money from selling product but come on. Pro isn't bad at all. It's a great control system for budget type installs. If someone didn't program it correctly then ya it would suck, but re-program it. I've had to fix numerous jobs in the past. Wether it's URC, RTI, or Crestron. It's all in the programming. As long as each TV has a Cat5 you shouldn't have any problems making money & having a happy customer.

Just my 2cents
Knowing that Gold went up a few K makes me think "well now I have to do a better job on selling more equipment".

-Me... Jan. 2014

Hosting Services by ipHouse