Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Friday October 17, 2014 at 20:08
FP Crazy
June 2003
On October 17, 2014 at 15:11, Greg C said...
My point is doing a 100 load lighting system via UPB vs a centralized system, Lutron, Crestron, Vantage is insane.

Greg, I must be insane, because I have done a few 100+ load systems on UPB, with Elan G and they all work quite well.

Have you done a 100+ UPB system before? If not, then I don't think you know what you are talking about.

To be clear these were retro fits, but they work quite well and as powerful as anything that Lutron can do (I have installed many Homework systems in the past, so I am privy to what HW is all about). Except crazy finish keypads... Lutron does have the advantage there.

Now if you are talking about centrally located dimmer panels on a new construction job...yeah UPB isn't quite as elegant, but even that can still be accomplished.

I did my first HomeWorks system in 1993 and followed up with many over the years. It's good stuff. But they are total cunts, and I prefer to give my biz to other deserving companies. If you want to be a Lutron pole dancer/smoker, feel free. But I'm not following you in that path. And if you want to call me crazy for that choice, so be it...I'm not that thin skinned. But I won't be their cheerleader or Ra Ra girl.
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse