The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday July 24, 2014 at 01:08
para19
Long Time Member
December 2012
On July 24, 2014 at 00:46, King of typos said...
para19, you are correct that even will be on one physical side, and odd on the other. But what Ernie is talking about is "phase side" or phase leg. I don't think there's a code for which physical side the even/odd has to be labeled. But there is a code stating that it has to be labeled. And labeled in such a way that it's not specific to the family who's living in the house. Example can't say "Ernie's bedroom".

But the way that an electrical panel is built, is that breaker one is on phase A, breaker two is on phase B, breaker three phase A and so on. This is so that a the house load can easily be evenly distributed and most importantly easily mount a load that uses both legs to make 240(or there a bouts), like the oven/stove and drier.

Ernie, I guess the term side must be associated with where you live. As the folks my way calls them legs. Pancakes, flat cakes, hot cakes... are all the same.

KOT

King of Typos what is going on here is just a mix up of how to describe circuit labelling and phase labelling.
Panels will come with a diagram of the Phasing layout somewhere on the panel or with it.

Note: Not all manufactures follow that breaker 1 phase A breaker 2 phase B layout. Schneider stab-lok panels up here in Canada used to double up the phases on each side

Ex. breaker 1 and 2 Phase A
breaker 3 and 4 Phase B
There is always money in the banana stand...

Hosting Services by ipHouse