The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday January 24, 2005 at 17:08
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Yippee!. The new screen works. The only very minor issues I had were as follows:

1. The 24 pin ribbon cable on the new screen was about 1/2 to 3/4 inches too short. No Problem - Just re-used the old cable.

2. The pins on the left side of the screen (1 folded over for soldering on the marantz) were in the wrong direction. Just bent em flat to make a straight pin and then soldered em in as best I could.

First, off, only the plastic coating on the glass of the touch-screen of my old screen was scratched.

If this were'nt the case, I could have simply removed the guts and re-used the old housing. However, the glass is attached to the housing (evidently with glue) so that would not work for my particular problem.

But, if you have a screen where the glass is not broken and not scratched (backlight not working or LCD not working - lines, etc...) you could simply replace the guts (LCD portion with backlight) of the screen into the old housing reusing the old glass.

The guy I purchased these from has a couple of screens left. He says he may be able to get more. As I've dealt with him and his english is not all that great, I can front an email to the guy as there are no more of these screens available AFAIK on Ebay.

If you are not comfortable doing this repair yourself, email me as I might be able to help.

Lyndel

This message was edited by Lyndel McGee on 01/24/05 20:38 ET.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse