Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 64 made on Saturday May 3, 2014 at 04:49
drewski300
January 2007
On May 2, 2014 at 23:04, Mr. Stanley said...
With all do respect.... that person chose the military. How much did the kids flying Bombers in Ww2 earn?
50 years ago, GM was on a roll. They were paying 50$ hourly. WTF has happened? Wake up people.

And there goes your whole argument......

Check out #2. [Link: pewresearch.org]. And of those people who are making minimum wage, how many also receive tips? Which BTW, they elude paying taxes by not reporting their tip income accurately....seems fair. I would say a high number of tip based earners do not report their income accurately. I knew a guy who worked at Mortons making minimum wage but still made 100K a year

I'm not against raising the minimum wage a little, but yes, $15/17 an hour is retarded regardless of the timeline. The economy is not recovering from our last downturn the way it should and this plan would further stall the economic recovery for Seattle. Here is a good article that describes one of the good ways the minimum wage should/could be calculated. [Link: articles.latimes.com].
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse