The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday May 2, 2014 at 08:35
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
If this is not allowed here, please let me know or remove...

My girlfriend is an elementary school teacher. She is heading a committee that is putting together all of their field day festivities this year. One of the things that the committee wants to do is provide all the kids in the school with a Field Day t-shirt. They have reached out for corporate sponsors and believed they had one. After designing the shirt and just waiting on final approval, they pulled out unfortunately. It has been a dead end trying to find another sponsor.

A little more back story. The committee reached out to the PTO, who refused to provide shirts because they will be selling shirts at a rather inflated rate. The school is predominately made up of kids from less then wealthy families, if you know what I mean (lots of free lunches). The families will not buy their kids shirts. The end result is very few kids will have shirts. The committee wants to avoid this as the kids are rather smart and know what is going on, and know they don't have a shirt simply because they are poor or their parents just wouldn't spring for one.

It goes deeper. The PTO has essentially called for an all out war on this issue. They made it clear that if we use the school's logo, which they claim to own the rights to, that they will sue. Seriously. All we are trying to do is get the kids some shirts. As it is, my girlfriend spends probably a good couple of thousands of dollars per year on supplies that the PTO does not help out with. They are utterly useless, agenda driven housewives that have nothing better to do.

So, I am hoping some of the family here at RC, IP, and ESI may be willing to help. If you would like to donate to the cause, please let me know and I will post details on where to send some money to help these kids out. IF we don't reach the goal to where the money will not be going to shirts, we will do one of two things. We work with a animal rescue group that works predominantly with dogs. We will donate money to the rescue group if we don't reach the goal for the shirts. Alternatively, we can also donate the money to RC, IP, or ESI to help with operating costs (please let us know which you'd prefer as the fallback).

I hope this doesn't come across as spam, as I am reaching out to what feels like my family for help. No hard feelings if you cannot, or do not wish to contribute. I am going to post this on IP and ESI as well, so sorry for the redundant posts. In advance, I'd like to thank anyone and everyone that does decide to help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse