The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday May 1, 2014 at 12:19
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 1, 2014 at 07:58, highfigh said...
I googled 'UPS' and Minuteman was on the first page of links. What search engine are you using? 'UPS with surge suppression' might work better.

The search engine I am using is highly interactive and often yields responses that the search terms themselves could not possibly locate. It's this forum. Thanks for playing!

Duct Tape: Loved it!

On May 1, 2014 at 09:53, highfigh said...
'UPS'- you are referring to 'Uniterruptible Power Supply' and not just a surge suppressor, right?

Correct.

On May 1, 2014 at 10:32, Mario said...
Why UPS on BD? If it was DVR I could understand it.
Do you also have UPS on the display (TV/PJ)?

No UPS at all. Not a system I sold, just helped with the install.

I'd put a surge suppressor on the TV but a UPS on the other equipment.

The reason for a UPS is to keep the Denon DBP-1611UD from going into protection. To be completely accurate, I have no idea whether there's a power problem at all, but if there is, overvoltage or brownouts could be the problem. A UPS with surge suppression covers both. The guy's had two of these BD Players in protection for months (without calling us about it) and I want one visit to give the best options.

Mr. Brad, I'd need a UPS for light loads if I decide to put a UPS only on the BD Player, so I was covering more than one situation in that description. If you read it again you'll see the concept kinda wandered. The idea developed as I wrote.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse