The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday May 1, 2014 at 07:58
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 1, 2014 at 03:09, Ernie Gilman said...
Two things here:
What's your go-to UPS, that also must have surge protection, for a light load? In my client's case, all he really needs to cover is his Blu-ray player, but heck, I'd plug his cable box in there, too. And maybe a larger one so I can plug in the AVR.

Second, can you imagine a way to search this site for "UPS" without getting any results for the word "up"? I just tried it and it seems impossible. I tried

which, according to the rules explained below the search windows, would be interpreted as a search for S. The search engine had mercy on me and told me there were no responses.

As I posted in your BD player thread, I use Minuteman. They're a bit bulky, so placement may be a problem, but they do work. I use them for camera DVRs, too.

If the AVR isn't being pushed hard, there's no reason to use another UPS, assuming the current capacity isn't reached. They have receptacles for UPS & Surge' and 'Surge Only'. The Enspire series are the ones I have used and the model would be EN-400, EN-600, EN-900, etc.

I googled 'UPS' and Minuteman was on the first page of links. What search engine are you using? 'UPS with surge suppression' might work better.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse