Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday April 27, 2014 at 17:56
davenport
October 2006
RTI remotes are far from junk, they take a lot of unspoken abuse and keep running for years. Many of the remotes in people's homes have now outlasted multiple cell phones failures in the same period. There was a manufacturing error around 5 years ago that caused a bunch of remote failures and they did a great job helping us get those remotes replaced. That situation didn't effect me too much, but I know many lost a significant amount of their time. RTI is not without error, but to create an "It's my first day!" account for the sake of bashing doesn't make much sense.

The the OP, your fresh out of the box failures are unfortunate. A bad USB cable or port could be the source. If pull out a USB cable during a file transfer you'll seemingly brick the device. There are ways to resolve, but you need to talk to RTI. If you have a bad cable or port you could be causing that same issue that occurs when the cable is pulled out during the transfer. A bad file could also cause headaches, so create a new version and slowly import your devices to see if you still have the issue.

Hosting Services by ipHouse