The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 61 made on Wednesday April 23, 2014 at 17:41
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On April 23, 2014 at 15:58, bcf1963 said...

Note that Microsoft spends quite a bit of money on education. They offer special licensing deals to schools and colleges. They offer computers, and education programs to teach students to use those computers. Then they have various programs that grant money to schools, and provide scholarships. Then you have the Gates Foundation... lots of work there on providing assistance to schools to help students be better prepared, and students assistance in paying for college. I received some scholarship money from Microsoft, and will be forever thankful.

Yes, well Micrsoft spends massive amounts over in India. They are building a ginormous complex over there as well.

As for the current batch of kids expecting everything to be handed over to them, I don't toally buy that. Kids are taught to feel entitled.

We can choose to enable our kids or teach them that the world owes them nothing. My son has a lot of "entitled" friends from well to do parents, while my kid has had to tough it out and do for himself.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse