Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Wednesday April 23, 2014 at 15:58
bcf1963
September 2004
On April 22, 2014 at 13:10, Hi-FiGuy said...
So why doesn't MSoft put the money into educating 70k people that already live here and have families here instead of burdening an already overloaded infrastructure.

We don't need more people we need to make use of the ones we already have.

Very sad.

I've been watching this thread, as I find the Conservative vs. Liberal rhetoric, and standard talking points a hoot.

Note that Microsoft spends quite a bit of money on education. They offer special licensing deals to schools and colleges. They offer computers, and education programs to teach students to use those computers. Then they have various programs that grant money to schools, and provide scholarships. Then you have the Gates Foundation... lots of work there on providing assistance to schools to help students be better prepared, and students assistance in paying for college. I received some scholarship money from Microsoft, and will be forever thankful.

As far as educating those we have... My niece and nephew were college age about 5 years ago. My wife and I promised each of them 20K for college. We put some stipulations on it, they had to use it for College tuition, books, housing, meals, computer used for college. They had to maintain a C average.

Both started college, and dropped out within the first semester! They are both quite intelligent, but exhibit what I refer to as Nth-Gen Spoiled American Kid syndrome. They expect things, and believe they are owed to them, and want it now! They weren't willing to work hard. College was in their words... "Really hard!"

I see this in lots of Americans. They expect the system to provide a job for them, and for it to pay them well. They expect it to be easy. They expect to have nice things, and they expect them now. They don't understand the concept of working hard early, and getting paid over the long term.

Sorry, but our economy is now global. If someone isn't willing to work, someone else in the world is. I'd happily hire more US workers, as it can be difficult to get VISA's for foreign workers, but I can't find enough US workers that can do the work.

The money is there to educate our kids. Programs are in place to help them afford an education. It isn't always easy... and that is the issue. Too many American's expect success to be served to them on a silver platter. It just doesn't work that way!

Hosting Services by ipHouse