The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 159 made on Tuesday April 8, 2014 at 13:02
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 8, 2014 at 12:41, 3PedalMINI said...
It comes down to if someone doesn't align with your thoughts and beliefs then they are wrong and should be lynched. This is the mantra of the far left, time and time again. You preach coexhist and equality yet you guys are the worst offenders of it.

Back in the sixties, the "Free Speech Movement" was started at UC Berkeley. At that time, Reagan had come down hard on Angela Davis, not wanting her to speak at any of the UCs. My opinion was that ideas should be heard -- if they were crap they would be found to be crap, but the only way to do that was to listen, to expose oneself to alternate ideas.

Well, the left now has its free speech and shouts down the right. Have you heard of conservative students shouting down liberal speakers? Nope -- only liberals shouting down conservatives.

As 3Pedal says, liberals are the worst when it comes to actual coexistence.

Two generalizations come to mind.
One, that I've seen again and again, is that conservatives think that liberals are wrong while liberals think that conservatives are evil. I understand that because I felt that way. Then I started thinking.  Dennis Miller says that his conversion started slightly before he started reading about political things.  The average liberal, I'd say, has a completely heart-felt conviction about his beliefs, but that conviction is rarely tested by discussion because the liberal refuses to expose himself to alternate ideas.

The second generalization, which most marvelously has not occurred here very much, is that the liberal does not engage in dialogue but instead shuts down the discussion by claiming SIX HIRB.  That is, the conservative is accused of being
Sexist
Intolerant
Xenophobic
Homophobic
Islamophobic
Racist
Bigoted

All you liberals, be on the lookout for situations where this name-calling occurs.  Once you have a sense that it does, you'll see it again and again and you'll be kicking yourself for never noticing it in the past!  And, of course, since there is no refuting such an accusation, the discussion stops.

Gotta go.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse