The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday April 7, 2014 at 17:58
FP Crazy
June 2003
I gotta chime in here too.

UPB is pretty damn good stuff as Ed and Ranger posted.

HA is not Simply Automated. It is either rebadged PulseWorx/PCS or their own, depending on the exact model of the switch in question.

Hopefully it is Gen 2 stuff. Ask the builder how old it is (how long ago the system was installed). That would give us an idea if it is Gen 2.

Finally, Call Terry at Web Mountain 303-627-1856 (tell him John Lee sent you). He is an excellent tech support help on all brands of UPB (HAI, Simply Automated, HAI). They are a disty for all the equipment too and they are competitive on their prices against anyone. They deserve the support, and you'll agree once you start asking for their help on tech questions.

The first thing you need to do is download and install the UpStart program. There is also a very large (and well scripted) PDF manual on how to use the software. Spend a couple hours skimming through the manual, once you've installed the software. Then you can call Terry with questions and he'll help you at whatever you need. He's forgotten more about UPB than I know and I know this stuff pretty well.

UpStart is a very powerful program and has quite a bit of diagnostics built into it. It's much better than that abortion of a program the Lutron created for Ra2.

This is an opportunity to free yourself from the shackles of Lutron. Embrace it.

Also, Pulseworx/PCS recently released a very nice decora keypad (finally). You may be able to replace those old KPs with these new ones.

Your issues with buttons only working if you push them a few times might be related to scene logic, scene scrolling or toggling, etc..that is programmed to the buttons. This is inherent in all/most lighting control systems.
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse