The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday April 7, 2014 at 17:27
sirroundsound
November 2003
Thanks for the replies.
I did see some form of HAI panel in basement mech room and they do have HAI touch panels in a couple of locations, but they were blank (like no power?) and I do not think these people have ever used them.
My guess is when they bought this spec home, the builder sold it as having a "Lutron Lighting" system (saw paper work client had) and then probably expected client would want to get CI in to do some final programming and be upsold on more parts etc. There are many lights in the house that have just a regular decora switch and are not part of the lighting system.
Fairly big house, 8000 sqft range, and I bet there are many rooms wired for sound too.
Too bad they really don't want to spend any money, I could do some nice things here, even the TV's in the house have remotes that the Mrs. has given up on trying to use because they don't work right every time.
Sad.. people live with this stuff for so long and instead of paying a little more to get things done right they figure they have spent enough and the next time they just stay away from any "toys" in their home because in their experience they never work right.
I have at least prevented her from telling her friends that Lutron is no good, as she now knows she doesn't have one of those systems.

Hosting Services by ipHouse