Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday April 7, 2014 at 15:04
sirroundsound
November 2003
Had a client call asking if I could come and look at their "Lutron" system. It isn't working very well and they would like it fixed up.

Bought a spec home a few years ago, and in the builders documents they were told that is what they had.

I go by and have a look, and find no Lutron anywhere. But they do have HAI UPB 8 button and 5(?) button keypads all over the place and switches or dimmers around the house with some groups hidden in closets.

The system works, just not well from every keypad. The 8 button KP at the front door for example has 6 buttons with labels for specific lights (outdoor, foyer etc) and the last 2 buttons are an all on and all off.
Only the all on / off buttons seem to work well, the others you may have to press a few times before you get any sort of result. (bad keypad?)
They also have a few switches or dimmers that do not work anymore. They claim to have changed light bulbs in the fixtures, but still no function directly from the dimmers. (like Lutron, do they need to see a load, or does this sound more like failed dimmers?)

I believe there are a few people here that have some HAI lighting experience, any thoughts on what I might be able to do to help these people out?

Changing the system to Lutron is not going to happen (too expensive, I already suggested it and gave a quick budget)

I have read some things about the HAI UPB and it doesn't look complicated, is the software easy to find? Can you extract from the system so I have something to work with?
Does it sound like all that may be needed are a few new keypads and dimmers?
Any help would be great.

Pat

Hosting Services by ipHouse