The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday April 6, 2014 at 10:38
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 6, 2014 at 09:36, dipdog21 said...
I know this used to exist because I used it before I just can't remember who made it. Basically I have two IR systems that I want to feed to a single source. There used to be a y adapter or something like that would allow you to hook up two IR systems to 1 IR emitter, with some kind of protection built in so those signal would only go to the emitter. It had a diode inline or something like that. Maybe it was an emitter that had this built in, I just don't recall. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

It has two diodes and you could make your own. Attach the cathodes by twisting the wires together and attach this to the + wire to the LED. Each anode connects to the + wire from the mini plugs and the - wires need to be connected/covered with heat-shrink tubing after the diode and its connections have been made and covered with heat-shrink tubing. Use heat shrink to cover the diodes and the assembly.

You can get diodes at Radio Shack- 1N4001 work fine for this and they're very cheap. I used a short cable with mono mini plug on each end for this.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse