Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday March 31, 2014 at 13:41
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Craig,
others here don't know we've corresponded a bit by PM on this, but it's not been anything crucial to the thread.

One thing bothers me, though. As I understand it, you're making home runs for all speakers and are controlling everything remotely. I think you're using an iPad; it doesn't really matter as to what's bothering me.

A few years ago, aBus tried to change the industry, and now everybody who ran CAT5 to an aBus location is kicking themselves for not also installing home runs of speaker wire and running it past the control location. I wonder if, some time soon, you might really wish you had designed this system so that it could be controlled in a more simple way, say with physical volume controls out in the yard... Please try to think of other ways of controlling the outdoor volume, and prep for that.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse